What I am not very good at is actually doing things. I'm good at starting things, just not sticking with them. The main problem with all my wonderful plans is not so much that they aren't good plans, but that I never follow them through. I'm surprised I'm still blogging to be honest; over one and a half years now when most of my new-exciting-idea-things barely make it to the six month mark.
So this year, instead of making a whole page of resolutions and then breaking them all by February, I'm going to make just six, and really try and stick with them. Three things I won't do, and three things I will.
Things I will not do next year:
- Waste time on the Internet. I'm not talking about the fifteen minutes morning webcomic-check, or an hour spent browsing on scienceblogs or research-blogging. I'm talking about four hours looking up TV-tropes kind of time wasting.
- Spend longer than fifteen minutes in the shower. My current average is thirty minutes. My getting-up routine consists mostly of shower. This is not good.
- Buy non-fairtrade chocolate. This one is so hard not to break. It's amazing how you can be half way through a Twix before you realise you're eating forbidden chocolate.
- An hours work every evening (at least), unless I am out of the house. Taking an evening to go out with friends (or just the one special friend :D ) is fine. Spending the whole evening lying on the sofa breaking the other resolution-number-one is not.
- Go to Yoga at least once every two weeks, ideally every week. I tried to do this last term, but things kept getting in the way. This term I should be able to keep it up more regularly.
- Blog regularly. Ideally two posts a week, dropping back to one post a week in times of Stress (due to exams, job-hunting, etc.)